I am very happy to have your child in my class this year. I want to share with you a list of information important for you to know.
- We all are a team. I am excited to work with you helping your child be successful in fifth grade.
- I will work hard to keep an open communication with you about your child’s progress in fifth grade.
- Contact me with any questions or concern through the following ways:I have a high level of expectations when it comes to student behavior. When a child in fifth grade is not meeting my expectations for behavior, consequence occur based on the situation.
- Stop in and see me.
- Write a note to me.
- Call the school at 402-494-4238, and ask for Mr. Kleve.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have a high level of expectations when it comes to student academic success. I am a very interactive teacher who holds students accountable for their learning. Students must work extremely hard to meet my high expectations I have for them as fifth graders.
- There will be homework in fifth grade, especially in reading.Students bring a daily assignment planner home every night. In the planner, homework assignments for that night are listed. Learning targets for each day of that week are also in the planner. Use this information to help encourage your child be successful.
- Homework Policy:
- Students are expected to complete homework on time.
- Students are expected to do a quality job on homework doing the best they can.
- If students comes to school with homework not done, they are expected to stay after school that day to work on it.
- Students who stay after school are expected to let parents know before they come to school that day when they must stay after since they know if homework is done or not even before they come to school that day. It is about having fifth graders take responsibility.
- If a student is not permitted to stay after school by parents to work on incomplete homework and homework is still not being completed, this incompleted work will dramatically affect a student’s grade in the subjects where homework is not being completed. Students must be held accountable for their work.Fifth grade can truly be the best year in school EVER, and I know that we’ll have a year full of hard work, lots of learning, and fun.
- Homework Policy:
Thank you for all of your support. I am honored to teach your child.
If you would like to know more about my teaching apporach, click on my About Mr. Funky Teacher Page.
Mr. Funky Teacher (Mr. Nicholas Kleve)